James and I are slowly trying to improve the organization of our home. We now have a nursery (instead of a nursery/computer room). This meant we (I mean James) had to do a lot of rearranging. James has a knack for rearranging a room. Now we just need to find a new home for some displaced books and such.
We now have chore "assignments" meaning it is primarily James' job to do the dishes and it is primarily my job to to the laundry. And of course it is more than ok for us to pitch in and help with the other chores when we are up to it.
It is beginning to make a difference in our home. There is less stress and contention because we know who is expected to do what. And since James is home on winter break he has time to do extra cleaning around the house. It was wonderful to come home yesterday to a clutter-free and vacuumed home. ...not sure where the clutter went, but I cant even think of what the clutter consisted of, so I don't really care where it went to.
Daniel is doing a great job working on his chores too: he wakes with a smile, gives us an hour before he starts to yell. He chews on everything letting us know more teeth are coming. He is getting bigger so that we can give away his 3-6 month clothes. He is eating anything we give him and so he can share it with us later in his own way. And best of all he sleeps 12 hours at night (and sometimes he will wake up once to eat and go right back to sleep).
Now all I need to do is get myself to bed so I can take advantage of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm so happy you're blogging Lynn! I look forward to reading more :) Love, Nicole
Ha ha, you are so funny. Glad everyone is doing well. We miss you.
Post a Comment