Today started out beautifully. I woke up early on my own at 8:30 and was happy and alert, not feeling the least big groggy. The sun was shining the birds were singing, I should smell fresh toast coming from the kitchen. Yeah this might be a bit corny but the song oh what a beautiful morning....came into my head and I said a small prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for this wonderful moment, and the promise of a beautiful day. I had a lil breakfast, had time to shower, dress nice. Went to class and was not overly bored or fatigued by the Portuguese. Maia and I then had lunch with some of the girls at this nice Indian restaurant, where we went with Fabrisio before. Then home, and headed for the park intending to work.
There I found Tiago, a friend of Ana's. I sat and we talked for a long time. Then a man from a news channel came and wanted us to respond to two questions. "O que e falicidade?" e "O que e solidão?" What is happiness/felicity? and What is solitude/loneliness/isolation? Well I wasn't so sure about responding in front of a camera but I thought out my answer and even rehearsed it to make sure the words were right, and went for it. The man said that it would be aired on a program on chanal 6 net, 12:30-3am Friday night/Saturday morning.
How cool is that? Well I more or less said in Portuguese, that happiness is an object that I will always be trying to achieve my entire life. and when I reach it I will be completely content with my family my life, what I have done in my life... Yet also I can have happiness every day, in every moment. because I can be confident that I will someday reach that pure complete happiness, and I can be content with my progress thus far. Loneliness is feeling alone, feeling like I will never arrive at happiness and never have a full happiness in my life, and feeling like a failure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I used to get jealous like that too! I wouldn't have said goodbye though. Your friend is right- enjoy the time you have with him. You never know what could happen, or how this guy could change your life. Everyone we meet, we meet for a reason, even if it is just to change our perception of things.
Post a Comment