So, tonight Maiazinha and I went out to MrDam for a festa de aniversario de Elvis, a friend/namorado of Clarisi. First of all, the place looked totally different from what I remembered. When I left it the last time, we had to steer clear of the floor board that finaly broke, the entire place seemed like this crazy hole in the wall, like some renovated house that was falling apart, and packed with people. When we arrived this time it was empty, seemed a bit brighter and the entire hardwood floor seemed new-well at least in good shape. I was actually expecting to see a hole in the floor or an obvious patch-up job, but no it looked like there had nevere been a loose board.
Around 1:30 or so, we headed downstairs to dance. It was sort of happening, but not like the night we came with Fabricio, Alexandre and Felipi. And there were alot of middle aged peopele there. We headed to the back corner where it was less crowded and set up or mini circle. I cute boy with a "Italio" shirt started talking to Clarisi and I saw here shaking here finger and her head. I assumed he had asked her to dance or maybe even beijar, though that was more common in Salvador than here. Well he left and as I saw him making his way back Clarisi tells us "I have a surprise for you..." And there was Lisa, Troy's classmate from NYC. (Troy is also a member of The Church and he goes to my ward.) She and I were both surprised and introduced everyone. I was shocked and confused thinking somehow someone knew someone else-but no. By the end I discovered that Pablo, a music exchange student from Madrid, had only asked Clasrisi if the music was samba. And recognizing his accent asked him where he was from, and told him we were american. To which he told her he was here with an american, and promptly produced Lisa. Such a small world. Or as Elvis said "the world is a peanut."
The End
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
LOL isn't that amazing? When you least expect it... This is one of the big reasons I believe in fate. If fate wouldn't exist, what would be the odds of things like this happening? I know if it wasn't for fate, I wouldn't be married to Mike right now!
Post a Comment