
Fishing:
...the line has been cast and you watch the wind play with the tree tops, or listen to the call of the birds, watch the water bugs walk on the water....waiting for the fish to take the bate.
My life:
I go through these periods when i mindlessly go through life, let the mess pile up, let the schedule book go un checked, let the to do lists undone, no thought or reflection on what i am doing. just go, eat when i think of it, sleep when i am exhausted, wake up when i wake up, leave the house when i feel like it, scribble in my journal, play around with drawing, read a bit, walk around the city, sit on my bench and watch people pass by. And all the while I am living, ready for whatever will come my way but not thinking about it, not expecting anyhting in particular, just letting it come, letting life carry my on.
Fishing:
Then something tuggs on your line calling all of your thought and energy on reeling it in, you cant quite see the fish but you can feel how big it will be by the tension on the line......and its gonna be a big one.
My Life:
There inevitable come times that force me to evaluate where I am going, what I am doing, collect my thoughts, reflect on my pregress and process. Where am i going and how can i prepare for the next step. Where do I want to go and how can i get there. I fill in the gapping hole in my calander, i fill the empt pages of my journal, i write the letters that went unwritten, i tak the time to buy my groceries and cook a meal, sit and eat with a fork in one hand and a book in the other, taking every moment possible to make some progress, refelct, collect, gathe organize my thoughts. A frenzy of effort and energy, a short outburst that is sure to calm eventually, but not yet, i have to keep on swimming.
Fishing:
Finally the fish has been reeled in and its not quite as big as I expected, so I let the fish back into the water, feeling his scales brush along my hand as he swims away. Or perhaps I did not catch the fish, he got away, so I reel in my slack line, and cast it out again.
My life:
Sometimes the anticipated day comes and depending on how well I am prepared for it, it goes more or less as it ought to. Sometimes the anticipated day was not nearly the hype I made it out to be, it was not necessary to go through the frenzy, or perhps just not worth it. So with plans set and do lists made, calander full, im ready to move on continue and let the proces start all over again....





No comments:
Post a Comment